One of the sports that attracts the most fans throughout the year is undoubtedly golf. Many people think that it is one of the most boring sports or that you need the least preparation to make the best swings of the moment, but we have to say that all these people are very wrong.
One of the sports that attracts the most fans throughout the year is undoubtedly golf. Many people think that it is one of the most boring sports or that you need the least preparation to make the best swings of the moment, but we have to say that all these people are very wrong. Golf is a sport that keeps both your body and mind healthy, so when someone tries it, it becomes one of their favourite sports, if not their favourite. For this reason, we want to talk to you today about why play golf, well, we encourage all of you who have in mind to start in this sport to do it as soon as possible, because we are sure that you will not regret it.
The star sport: golf
We can say that, from about 5 years ago, millions and millions of people have started playing golf. With so many people entering the course for the first time, it should come as no surprise that there are some (many) benefits to playing the game. For those who are still on the fence about wanting to play golf, we’ve put together this short list of reasons why everyone should hit the pitch.
- You exercise and train your whole body: Not only do you spend a lot of time on your feet and moving around, but you also walk a lot.
- You are outdoors at all times: When you play a round of golf, you will spend that time outdoors. Some benefits of being outdoors are: You will sleep better, you will lower your blood pressure, reduce depression and stimulate creative thinking, in addition to reducing anxiety.
- You will make new friends: Another benefit of playing golf is that you can make new friends. One of the easiest ways to do this is to go to the field alone.
- Challenge yourself: Unlike many team sports, golf is personal. Most of the time, you play against yourself to try to beat your own previous record. This makes it a lot of fun to work hard and try to do better than the last time you played.
- Build character: Part of the challenge of golf is that it can be frustrating at times. However, we see this as an opportunity to build character. When you miss a putt or land in the bunker for the third time, you have a decision to make. It can make you angry, which will likely worsen your game, or it can take a deep breath and acknowledge that sometimes life doesn’t go as planned.
- Activity for the whole family: Speaking of your children, why not take them on their next golf outing? If they are old enough, they can exercise with you by walking through the course. If they are too small, you can bring a golf cart to help them out.
As you can see, there is no better sport than this, dare to go out once and for all and challenge yourself. You’re sure to be hooked with the first swing you take!