If you are going to start in the world of golf you will need to understand it quickly to be able to delve into the other knowledge.
If you are going to start in the world of golf you will need to understand it quickly to be able to delve into the other knowledge. It is a sport that is going to require you to spend hours studying and studying everything you can and cannot do in this game. Without a doubt, you will entertain yourself like never before doing a physical activity. Therefore, we are going to teach you everything you need to know so that you understand golf once and for all and can go to the golf course without fear.
Do you want to play golf?
Golf can seem terribly complicated to the uninitiated. So many rules, so many different types of clubs, so many things to know… And not to mention the jargon or vocabulary: birdies, bogeys, strokes… At Club de Golf Alcanada we know that it is a language that can scare potential golfers before they pick up their first club. Therefore, for those who know nothing about golf, our goal is to guide you through this little post:
- What you need to know about clubs: Of course, the right equipment always helps, but this does not mean that you have to spend a lot of money, instead, we recommend that you find the type of equipment that allows you to develop your skills and correct your mistakes in the easiest way.
- Do not get overwhelmed with the clubs, this usually happens to many novices. You can carry up to 14 clubs in your bag, but you won’t need that many when you’re first learning.
- Don’t guess, get advice and ask before you buy: If you are an absolute beginner looking to buy clubs, go to a golf shop or driving range and ask the club professional for advice.
- Take advantage of clubs made for beginners: Some types of clubs are easier to hit than others.
- Learn to play golf: The hardest part of golf can be getting started. Ask yourself the following questions: Why do you want to play? Maybe then you just need some basic instructions and our professional at Club de Golf Alcanada, Joan González, can help you take those first steps.
Now you can start in an easier way to play golf thanks to these small and quick knowledge. It’s time to move on!!