Tips for playing golf in Summer
- Tuesday, 24 May 2022 08:47
The good weather arrives and with it, the concern that all people who play golf have. It is normal, that many of us prefer this climate to be able to practice the sport that we like so much, or, on the contrary, it may be that you are one of those who, the colder and rainier it is, the better you perform your tactics on the course. But today we want to talk to you about the best tips or advice that we can give you so that you play golf in summer and do not die trying. Put our advice into practice and tell us how it went.
SUMMER VS GOLF
Summer is arguably the best season for golf, with plenty of sunshine and daylight hours in the Northern Hemisphere. It's also hot on and off the golf course. So, take note of these tips to deal with the heat and enjoy golf to the fullest in the good summer weather:
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated at all times, as it is absolutely essential to drink plenty of water in hot weather. Remember that water is the best liquid for our body, without a doubt.
- Wear sunscreen. As you already know it is essential to protect your skin from harmful UV rays by using sunscreen. Reapply sunscreen around the corner or every hour or two, as often as needed. Also, don't forget the protective lip balm. And, above all, do not leave your sunglasses at home.
- Dress to stay as cool as possible. Warm weather is the best time to start shorts, skirts, and polo shirts. But we recommend that you wear light colors to help reflect the sun's penetrating rays and comfortable, moisture-wicking fabrics.
- Bring a towel. The sweat is going to appear at any moment. Have a towel handy to wipe the sweat off your hands and if needed, grips so the clubs don't slip mid-swing.
- If you can and want to, play early. Avoid the worst heat by starting to play early, in those hours when the sun doesn't sting like the rest of the day. Schedule an early morning tee off time and finish your round by lunchtime.
- Be social: Play a lot of summer golf with your friends. You will also make many new ones.
- Bring an umbrella. If you get really overwhelmed and need to escape the heat, use an umbrella that will provide instant shade from the harsh rays.